More than forty years after its cancellation, the BAC TSR2 is still a controversial aircraft. Years ahead of its time, it was abruptly cancelled by a new government when flight testing had only just begun. This fascinating new book describes in detail the aircraft, its history and the events of its cancellation. Many hitherto unseen photographs and diagrams support the detailed text, which benefits from extensive research in the BAC archives and access to newly rediscovered material.
- Background to the requirement, and competing designs
- Design, development and production
- The flight-testing programme
- Detailed descriptions of the aircraft and its various electronic systems
- The troubled history of the engine development programme
- Plans for RAF squadron service and weapons to be used
- The full story of the cancellation and its aftermath
- Unbuilt variants including the trainer and fighter versions
- Detailed specifications
- Over 400 photographs and diagrams, many in full colour and previously unpublished
Hardcover: 351 pages
Publisher: The Crowood Press Ltd; 1st edition (25 Oct 2010)
Product Dimensions: 28.6 x 23 x 2.5 cm
Product Weight: 1430g
Available unsigned or signed - signed copies cost £5 more, and the extra profit will be donated to Combat Stress, the UK's leading military charity specialising in the care of military veterans' mental health.
IN STOCK - orders despatched on receipt.
We also sell TSR2 polo shirts, TSR2 caps and TSR2 photo gifts!